Wednesday, October 7, 2015

little ones to Him belong...

One of Ezra's favorite songs right now is "Jesus Loves Me". He'll randomly come up to me and say, "Mama, watch this! 'Jesus loves me THIS I KNOW! For the Bible TELLS ME SO! Little ones to Him belong, they are weak and HE IS STRONG! YEEEESSSSS JESUS LOVES ME!'" as loudly as he can. 



My mom found this adorable little shirt and had to get it for Ezra. "Little ones to Him belong"... such a good reminder.

My little ones, Ezra & Selah, don't belong to me. They belong to God. They are His children first, and God gave them to me so that I could look after them and raise them to love the Lord. When I think about adoption, I have to remember that, too. The little ones that Marcus and I will some day welcome into our family belong to Jesus. They are His children. I love the idea of adopting children into our family, because God adopted all of us into His family. 

I love this quote by Max Lucado:



And this quote from Steven Curtis Chapman:



We pray daily for the children that we will someday adopt - that God would prepare their hearts right now, and if they aren't on this earth yet, that God would prepare the hearts of their families. God already knows who the children that we will someday call ours are. And I'm so thankful that God has called us to adoption. 

While we've been researching international adoption for what feels like a long time, God only strongly put adoption on our hearts less than a year and a half ago. Lately, as in the past couple of months, we really feel that God is pushing us to start now! There's a lot of steps in this lengthy process. Our next step in the adoption process is to find an agency! This is proving to be an overwhelming task. We really have a heart for Uganda and would love to adopt from there, possibly even two siblings! We have to pick an agency that works in Uganda, but it seems that there are a huge number of options for us. Please pray with us that God will lead us to the right agency for us and that He will guide us every step of the way. We also ask for your prayers in regards to the financial side of international adoption. Obviously, most families don't have $40,000 just sitting around to put towards an adoption, but we know that God will provide for what He has called us to do in His name, for His glory, like He has done for so many other adoptive families. We are looking forward to fundraising - garage sales, bake sales, t-shirt sales, etc. but we know that so much more can be accomplished through praying for God's blessing over this area! 

I'm excited to continue blogging and sharing our journey with you all! Thank you for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment